Re: /cygdrive/c permission denied

On 11/29/2011 08:42 AM, Warren Young wrote:
> The only serious difference I see here is that I get "d---------+", so
> going by just that, I shouldn't even be able to cd into it!

See that + on the end of the mode field?  That means there are ACLs in
affect; and my guess is one of the ACLs allows your uid to change to
that directory even though the owner of the directory does not have the
same permissions.

> $ getfacl /c
> # file: /c
> # owner: ????????
> user::---
> group::---
> group:root:rwx
> group:SYSTEM:rwx
> group:Users:r-x

Yep - just as I said.  The actual uid/gid owner (which is probably being
treated as -1 meaning your /etc/group and /etc/passwd are incomplete) is
different than the 'root', 'SYSTEM', or 'Users' groups, all of which
have an additional ACL allowing you to chdir into the directory.