Re: Copying HDD to another HDD

I don't know if this is what you are going to try, but if you change the of the partition on the src drive to something small enough to fit on the new drive, you can use clonezilla to clone the partition instead of the whole drive. Just make the partition on the new drive the same size or a bit larger.

Just to be safe, I would copy off all the data files from the old drive that you can to a backup somewhere. You should be able to do the with a gparted CD.

LMH