Re: stderr doesn't work in gdb?

Phan, Linh H writes:
> Hi Ryan,
>
>   how do I get the snapshot to try?   I got the cygwin just this week and I
thought that was the latest.

> >> it seems there is a problem with stderr when running a program under gdb in
cygwin 1.7.9 with 64 bit Windows 7;
> > This was fixed some time ago. You might try a snapshot.
> >
> > Ryan

With apologies to Ryan, you can find snapshots at <http://cygwin.com/snapshots>.
 They are, as the name implies, intermediate snapshots of cygwin1.dll that are
generated frequently between full releases such as 1.7.9 and the next one.
Rather than having to wait for 1.7.10 you can try a snapshot now.  Follow the
instructions on that page.

..mark