Re: recompiling gcc, make, and binutils for my cpu architecture?

On 03/11/2011 8:54 AM, Jorge wrote:
Hi all, I hope I am posting in the right location.
This has nothing whatsoever to do with cygwin.

I would like to setup/optimize gcc, binutils, and make for my CPU architecture,
AMD K8, and rebuild.  I have installed the cygwin sources.
Invoking gcc with "-march=native" should do exactly what you want with far less effort than rebuilding the toolchain from scratch (a task not for the faint of heart nor for the impatient). Make cares very little what architecture it runs on; binutils cares deeply but almost certainly does the right thing already.

If you need more information, try 'man gcc' and 'http://gcc.gnu.org' (in that order).

Ryan