Re: Is /usr/src/cygutils-1.4.6-1.cygport is out of date?

On 10/28/2011 1:20 AM, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
>> Fixed.
>
> The alternative is not to bother with tarballs and fetch it from CVS
> instead:
>
> CVS_URI=":pserver:anoncvs@cygwin.com:/cvs/cygwin-apps"
> CVS_BRANCH=v${PV//./_}
> inherit cvs
>
> HOMEPAGE="http://cygutils.fruitbat.org/cygutils-package/";
> # no SRC_URI, handled by cvs.cygclass

Ah, but I also ship cygutils packages for msys and mingw, so it helped
me (in the past) to have the "regular" src tarballs.  However, now that
mgwport exists "in mingw land" and it, too, has the same support for
grabbing directly from CVS...

OTOH, I usually use the opportunity of uploading the latest plain src
tarball, to update and correct the index.html @ fruitbat.org...so if I
stop uploading the tarballs, the HOMEPAGE will eventually get out of
date, too. :-(

--
Chuck