Re: 1.7.9 cygwin bash completion doesn't response

http://cygwin.com/problems.html

suniuin wrote:

> hi all,
>
> I got the bash completion problem which is very upset me, following is
> an example:
> in my home directory, there is a file : pkf
>
> if I want to vi the file and I type :
>
> vi pk(press tab)
>
> but there is no response or it's very slow, but in some cases like say
> when I vi the *.cpp files the tab completion works.
>
> This may be related to /etc/bash_completion, but I'm not familiar with
> it and can anyone help to let my bash completion works fine.
>
> thanks,
> sun
>
> --

Press tab twice if the expansion is not unique.

You do not need bash completion package for filename completion.
Uninstall the package and observe whether it gets better.

Expect filename completion to be slow on slow drives. Includes some network
drives and some external drives.

Completion can be very slow in directories with large number of files.

If anything of that does not hep, try following the rules from
http://cygwin.com/problems.html.
Output of ' cygcheck -s -v -r > cygcheck.out 2>&1 '  and OS version might
give some information.