Re: admin privileges when logging in by ssh?

On Oct 15 13:32, Andrew Schulman wrote:
> > On Oct 14 21:14, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > I applied a patch to CVS which should solve this problem in a generic
> > way.  I observed how Windows handles the privileges when creating a
> > token and your scenario should be nicely covered now.  I also dropped a
> > somewhat dangerous behaviour in terms of security when creating a token
> > from scratch.
>
> Thank you.  I'll test the next snapshot and let you know how it goes.
>
> You said that Cygwin should only set the high mandatory level if the token
> contains certain privileges.  So I guess that SeBackupPrivilege and
> SeRestorePrivilege are among the ones that trigger the high mandatory
> level?  Anything more we should know about that?

By simply trying them out, I created a list of the privileges which
trigger the high integrity level requirement.  See, for instance,
http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/src/winsup/cygwin/sec_helper.cc.diff?r1=1.93&r2=1.94&cvsroot=src&f=h
For the security related change, see the second patch snippet in
http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/src/winsup/cygwin/sec_auth.cc.diff?r1=1.41&r2=1.42&cvsroot=src&f=h

Corinna

Red Hat