Re: libunistring?

Charles Wilson schreef, Op 29-9-2011 20:10:

FWIW, the -src package uses cygport and provides a minimal src patch
(disables using the .rc file and adding properties to the dll), along
with a cygwin patch providing a readme and setup.hint. (hint lists
cygwin as a require: but this is no longer recommended practice).

We can't just grab some cygwin package off a website and stick it in the distribution. We need an actual maintainer, who is a member of this community (at least, subscribed to the cygwin mailing list), who commits to supporting the package, and to ITP it on cygwin-apps. Then there's the whole GTG evaluation and voting process (or documentation that the package is provide by (at least one) major linux distro).

It's fine with me if that volunteer wants to /start/ with a 3rd party
cygport script and patchset, but the volunteer needs to "take ownership"
of it going forward.

--

I started packaging libunistring from scratch. I didn't look at the other package. Expect an ITP message on cygwin-apps soon.

best regards,

--
Erwin Waterlander