Re: ANSI C header files

Hi Marco.

In my case I'm trying to install the 'grib_api' package from source
(grib_api-1.9.9.tar.gz) found at
http://www.ecmwf.int/products/data/software/download/grib_api.html

After unpacking the tar-ball you're supposed to run 'configure' before
installing but 'configure' hangs on "checking for ANSI C header
files..."

Regards,
Kare

The output looks like this:

$ ./configure --prefix=/user/kare/software/ecmwf/lib
1.9.9
configuring grib_api 1.9.9
checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... /usr/bin/mkdir -p
checking for gawk... gawk
checking for xlc_r... no
checking for xlc... no
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for C compiler default output file name... a.exe
checking for suffix of executables... .exe
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... (cached) yes
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for bison... bison -y
checking for flex... flex
checking lex output file root... lex.yy
checking lex library... -lfl
checking whether yytext is a pointer... yes
checking for pgf90... no
checking for pgf77... no
checking for xlf... no
checking for gfortran... gfortran
checking whether we are using the GNU Fortran 77 compiler... yes
checking whether gfortran accepts -g... yes
checking for pgf90... no
checking for xlf90... no
checking for gfortran... gfortran
checking whether we are using the GNU Fortran compiler... yes
checking whether gfortran accepts -g... yes
checking if Fortran 90 compiler capitalizes .mod filenames... yes
checking if double and float are ieee big endian... no
checking if double and float are ieee little endian... yes
checking if Big Endian... no
checking if inline in C... yes
checking if bus error on unaligned pointers... no
checking for posix_memalign... yes
checking for _LARGEFILE_SOURCE value needed for large files... no
checking for special C compiler options needed for large files... no
checking for _FILE_OFFSET_BITS value needed for large files... no
checking build system type... i686-pc-cygwin
checking host system type... i686-pc-cygwin
checking for jas_stream_memopen in -ljasper... yes
checking for opj_image_create in -lopenjpeg... no
checking for rm... rm
checking for ar... ar
checking whether gcc supports -pedantic -Wall... yes
checking for pow in -lm... yes
checking for dirent.h that defines DIR... yes
checking for library containing opendir... none required