File download taking longer time with SFTP( CYGWIN server)

Hi All,
We have an java application (which resides in Linux ) connects to clientâs
windows server and download files from there. Recently we upgraded our mode
of transfer from FTP to SFTP. They installed CYGWIN SFTP server in windows
machine. With SFTP its taking much longer time to download the files
compared to FTP.
PFB details
-	Total no of files = 1,22,000
-	Total load size = 58 GB
-	Time taken with SFTP( CYGWIN server) = 28 hrs
-	Time taken with FTP = 4hrs
We did multiple rounds of testing and its taking much longer time with SFTP
( incomparable to FTP).

Does SFTP with CYGWIN server takes longer to download the files? Are there
any performance issues with CYGWIN? Is there anything which can be done in
code perspective to download files faster ? , I donât think so because the
same code with FTP mode downloaded files much faster.

Any help on this is greatly appreciated
Regards,
Suresh