Re: cygwin 1.7.9, problem with cygwin1.dll, path_conv::check, has_acls()? (Windows 7)

On 9/14/2011 1:56 PM, Thorsten Kampe wrote:
* John Ruckstuhl (Tue, 13 Sep 2011 17:40:40 -0700)
I'm trying to create files in the current dir, on a network
fileserver. I do have the necessary permissions. The standard
incantation fails, but some non-standard incantations succeed. I'm
willing to bet $10 that it's a cygwin1.dll problem, but I guess it's
possible it's a bash problem.
I'll use "touch" to demonstrate:

     $ pwd
     //hyperdisk/Data/Engineering/ruck

The obvious way to troubleshoot this would be to use a network drive (Z: for instance) instead of UNC or to mount the share and see if that works. Naturally it would also make sense to test the latest Cygwin snapshot and to see if you get the same result if you use //localhost/C $.

Right. I was thinking this could fall into the category of a network share that needs to have the "noacl" mount option set. So another option is to try mounting the UNC path to a Cygwin path (in /etc/fstab) and specify the "noacl" option.

--
Larry