Re: setting environment for bash running via cygserver

On 9/9/2011 1:44 PM, Alan Sinclair wrote:
Where can I set environment variables which will be available in a
bash script running under cygserver?

I need to ssh onto a remote cygserver and run bash scripts. RSA keys
are all set up so no password is needed and I can ssh onto the target
machine just fine by doing
     ssh me@machine bash ~/myscript.sh ARGS

But myscript.sh is not getting the environment it needs. For example,
the script needs PROGRAMFILES, and also needs PROCESSOR_ARCHITEW6432
set in the environment on 64-bit OS.

Best to put them in a file you can source when you SSH into the other machine. For the case above, you could then source that in your script or in some appropriate rc file if "SSH_CLIENT" is set in your environment.

--
Larry