Re: 1.7.9: static const std::string initialization lost in child process when using fork, dlopen

On Sun, Aug 21, 2011 at 02:15:16PM -0700, Thomas D. Dean wrote:
>On Sun, 2011-08-21 at 14:38 -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>
>I get the stack dump - I retyped the examples to be sure no strange
>chars.

Did you try the snapshot as I suggested?

>And, I see no strange characters in the emails - evolution Ubuntu 10.04

Whether you see them or not, they are there.  Maybe your browser will show
them:

Regardless, I've replaced the characters with spaces, compiled the
program, and don't see the problem that you're reporting.

If you don't want to try a snapshot for some reason then you could also
try setting the base address of the DLL by using the --auto-image-base
option when linking the DLL.

cgf