This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: is using old make.exe (3.80) (cygwin 1.5.x) within cygwin 1.7.x OK
- From: Rob Walker <rwalker at quicinc dot com>
- To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 11:09:44 -0700
- Subject: Re: is using old make.exe (3.80) (cygwin 1.5.x) within cygwin 1.7.x OK
- References: <loom.20110810T065150email@example.com>
You could also use a patched make 3.81 compiled for Cygwin 1.7.
On 8/9/11 9:58 PM, Heiko Elger wrote:
> cause of colon problems we have to use old make version 3.80 in cygwin 1.7.x.
> The binary make.exe is a copy of cygwin 1.5.x installation.
> Is it correct to use this version within cygwin 1.7.x?
> Or do I have to rebuild the binary?
> At the moment all seems to work fine - I only want to avoid future problems or
> side effects.
> best regrads
> Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
> FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
> Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
> Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple