Re: emacs and large-address awareness under recent snapshots

Corinna Vinschen <...> writes:
> still tries to workaround some old problem in the Cygwin sbrk
> implementation in Cygwin 1.5.  Unfortunately the comment doesn't contain
> any hint as to what exact problem this code is trying to workaround.

Apologies if that's obvious and you've already checked that: emacs gets
created as a dumpfile of temacs during build, so if peflags moves the
heap retroactively thereafter I can't see how it's going to work since
part of the heap is where it was during dumping and the rest is, well,
somewhere else.  I'd look at the build process first before suspecting
the sources â I would assume that temacs must also be made large address
aware and that it right now just isn't.  There may still be workarounds
that aren't needed anymore and bad assumptions about how the memory map
looks like in Cygwin.

Regards,
Achim.