This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: fork: child -1 - died waiting for longjmp before initialization
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 16:39:31 +0200
- Subject: Re: fork: child -1 - died waiting for longjmp before initialization
- References: <A10F5B19AE66324C833B238DAD90715D010F86AFD2@enbmail01.lsi.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Aug 4 15:05, Freidin, Alex (Alex) wrote:
> Hope this helps someone and please update the BLODA list. I got an
> error message: "fork: child -1 - died waiting for longjmp before
> initialization" when running Cygwin GCC 3.4.4 from Eclipse on a new
> Dell Latitude E6420 and E6520 laptops with Windows 7 64-bit.
> Installing the latest Cygwin 1.7 did not help. Uninstalling the
> software listed in
> http://cygwin.com/faq/faq.using.html#faq.using.bloda also did not
> prove useful. After search and trial, I found that it's caused by
> NVIDIA graphics driver for NVS 4200M laptop graphics card. The laptops
> had version 220.127.116.1196 of the driver installed and after upgrading
> the driver to the latest from NVIDIA website (ver 18.104.22.16833) the
> problem was resolved.
This is weird! Cygwin's not doing anything at the GUI frontier, so
how can a graphic adapter drive influence Cygwin?!?
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple