Re: Create file fails on network drives in cygwin-1.7.9-1

[retry]
On 16 June 2011 13:49, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
 > On Jun 16 12:59, Pete Forman wrote:
 >> I am seeing "Permission denied" errors when trying to create files on
 >> network drives. Local drives seem okay. Once a file is created with a
 >> native program I can write to it.
 >
 > http://cygwin.com/problems.html
 >
 > cygcheck output as descibed on the above page would be helpful in the
 > first place.

Attached.

 > Next question is, what kind of network drives?  Run
 > /usr/lib/csih/getVolInfo X:\\ with X being the drive you have the
 > problem with.  Alternatively chdir into some directory on the drive and
 > run "getVolInfo ."

## network drive
 $ /usr/lib/csih/getVolInfo .
 Device Type        : 7
 Characteristics    : 10
 Volume Name        : <Home>
 Serial Number      : 1946854850
 Max Filenamelength : 255
 Filesystemname     : <NTFS>
 Flags              : 700ff
  FILE_CASE_SENSITIVE_SEARCH  : TRUE
  FILE_CASE_PRESERVED_NAMES   : TRUE
  FILE_UNICODE_ON_DISK        : TRUE
  FILE_PERSISTENT_ACLS        : TRUE
  FILE_FILE_COMPRESSION       : TRUE
  FILE_VOLUME_QUOTAS          : TRUE
  FILE_SUPPORTS_SPARSE_FILES  : TRUE
  FILE_SUPPORTS_REPARSE_POINTS: TRUE
  FILE_SUPPORTS_REMOTE_STORAGE: FALSE
  FILE_VOLUME_IS_COMPRESSED   : FALSE
  FILE_SUPPORTS_OBJECT_IDS    : TRUE
  FILE_SUPPORTS_ENCRYPTION    : TRUE
  FILE_NAMED_STREAMS          : TRUE
  FILE_READ_ONLY_VOLUME       : FALSE
  FILE_SEQUENTIAL_WRITE_ONCE  : FALSE
  FILE_SUPPORTS_TRANSACTIONS  : FALSE

 ## local drive
 $ /usr/lib/csih/getVolInfo .
 Device Type        : 7
 Characteristics    : 20
 Volume Name        : <>
 Serial Number      : 2461294133
 Max Filenamelength : 255
 Filesystemname     : <NTFS>
 Flags              : 700ff
  FILE_CASE_SENSITIVE_SEARCH  : TRUE
  FILE_CASE_PRESERVED_NAMES   : TRUE
  FILE_UNICODE_ON_DISK        : TRUE
  FILE_PERSISTENT_ACLS        : TRUE
  FILE_FILE_COMPRESSION       : TRUE
  FILE_VOLUME_QUOTAS          : TRUE
  FILE_SUPPORTS_SPARSE_FILES  : TRUE
  FILE_SUPPORTS_REPARSE_POINTS: TRUE
  FILE_SUPPORTS_REMOTE_STORAGE: FALSE
  FILE_VOLUME_IS_COMPRESSED   : FALSE
  FILE_SUPPORTS_OBJECT_IDS    : TRUE
  FILE_SUPPORTS_ENCRYPTION    : TRUE
  FILE_NAMED_STREAMS          : TRUE
  FILE_READ_ONLY_VOLUME       : FALSE
  FILE_SEQUENTIAL_WRITE_ONCE  : FALSE
  FILE_SUPPORTS_TRANSACTIONS  : FALSE

 > Ultimately stracing touch would be helpful.  Make sure foo.txt does
 > not exist, run
 >
 >  $ strace -o touch.trace touch foo.txt
 >
 > and attach the touch.trace file to your reply.
Attached

 $ mount
 C:/Program Files/Cygwin/bin on /usr/bin type ntfs (binary,auto)
 C:/Program Files/Cygwin/lib on /usr/lib type ntfs (binary,auto)
 C:/Program Files/Cygwin on / type ntfs (binary,auto)
 C: on /cygdrive/c type ntfs (binary,posix=0,user,noumount,auto)
 G: on /cygdrive/g type ntfs (binary,posix=0,user,noumount,auto)
 H: on /cygdrive/h type ntfs (binary,posix=0,user,noumount,auto)
 J: on /cygdrive/j type ntfs (binary,posix=0,user,noumount,auto)
 K: on /cygdrive/k type ntfs (binary,posix=0,user,noumount,auto)
 L: on /cygdrive/l type ntfs (binary,posix=0,user,noumount,auto)
 M: on /cygdrive/m type ntfs (binary,posix=0,user,noumount,auto)
 N: on /cygdrive/n type ntfs (binary,posix=0,user,noumount,auto)
 T: on /cygdrive/t type ntfs (binary,posix=0,user,noumount,auto)
 V: on /cygdrive/v type ntfs (binary,posix=0,user,noumount,auto)
 W: on /cygdrive/w type ntfs (binary,posix=0,user,noumount,auto)
 X: on /cygdrive/x type ntfs (binary,posix=0,user,noumount,auto)
 Y: on /cygdrive/y type ntfs (binary,posix=0,user,noumount,auto)

 ## fstab is effectively empty

 $ cat /etc/fstab
 # For a description of the file format, see the Users Guide
 # http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using.html#mount-table

 # This is default anyway:
 # none /cygdrive cygdrive binary,posix=0,user 0 0

 --
Pete Forman