Re: Cross complie linux make files onto a windows 7 machine using PGI Cygwin

On 6/9/2011 3:35 PM, roba77 wrote:

Hi Larry,

   Thanks for your response, I am using the PGI compiler's bash shell, which
I am told uses cygwin, but i may be way off. I do have a plain cygwin as
well with the make module, and I get the same errors. I am assuming that
what I am trying to do is simple for Cygwin, take a linux makefile and
compile it through cygwin onto windows, is there extra synax I need to use
for cross-compiling?

Using a makefile to build on a single platform is not what is typically termed cross-compiling. See:

<https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Cross_compiler>

--
Larry