Re: Error when Perl calling shell scipt using Cygwin >>> c:\cygwin\bin\sh.exe: *** fatal error - couldn't allocate heap, Win32 error 487

On 05/30/2011 06:26 AM, Gaurav Chhabra wrote:
I have Perl separately installed at c:\Perl. I am not sure how to run this.
This will not work.
perlrebase works only for cygwin perls, not for strawberry or
activestate perls.
That's what I was thinking. I was sure that I am doing something wrong, and
it must have something to do with Perl for Cygwin :) Thanks for the info!

I just copied the prelrebase script and kept it in the Cygwin's bin
directory. Then I had to set the 'perl' variable in prelrebase script to
'perl=../../Perl/bin/perl$suff.exe' because my Cygwin is at c:\Cygwin. Now
when I ran the script with argument '5.6.1', I get the following error:
Do you really want to rebase your activestate perl 5.6.1?
I told you to run perlrebase, not perlrebase 5.6.1
As you have said below that my Perl will have a different forking mechanism,
I will/should not go for perlrebase.

user@machine: /cygdrive/c/cygwin/bin
$ ./perlrebase.sh 5.6.1
no archlib found for ../../Perl/bin/perl5.6.1.exe
I am not sure what this archlib is? I could not find it defined anywhere
in
the perlrebase script. Can you please help me with this?
See perl -V:archlib
Thanks!

My 5.6.1 *cygwin* perl has:
$ perl5.6.1 -V:archlib
archlib='/usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1/cygwin-debug';

My ActiveState perl has
perl -V:archlib
archlib='C:\Perl\lib';

But this should not be rebased by cygwin as it has a different fork
strategy than cygwin.

So now the question is what should I do to resolve the issue I am facing?
Since we use a separate Perl (Active State), your perlrbase will not work. I
am stuck. :( Any suggestions?

Regards, Gaurav
How about contacting ActiveState, the makers of the Perl you are using?

Either that or ditch the ActiveState and use Cygwin's Perl.
--
Andrew DeFaria <http://defaria.com>
What's another word for synonym?