Re: Using Cygwin Emacs

Since the OP mentioned emacs version 22 and since Cygwin's emacs is 23.3.1 (emacs --version), this makes me wonder if more fundamental suggestions might be needed. If the following is self-evident please pardon me but perhaps we need to check on some very basic stuff:

1. All installations of Cygwin packages should be done through Cygwin's setup program. Go to cygwin.com, click on the Install Cygwin link, download setup.exe and run it. Do this for every installation or update of every Cygwin component.

2. To get Cygwin's Emacs (23.3.1), open the Editors category and click on emacs (setup says it's 23.3.2).

3. If that doesn't work, my guess would be to follow the reporting instructions at the end of every message.

4. And if all else fails, read the friendly manual.

Castigation, denigration and mastication cheerfully accepted(tm),

--
Lee Maschmeyer
Wayne State University Computing Center