unknown command diff

I am trying to run what is a basic diff of 2 tags in a repo, to see what
changes have occurred between the 2.  But whenever I attempt to in cygwin I
get the below error.  Is this a known issue, or do I need to set something
up specially to get this working. Sorry I am newish to cygwin as use Ubuntu
normally.

$ svn diff --summarize http://svn.xxxxxxxx/tags/xxxxx/public
http://svn.yyyyyyyy/tags/yyyyy/public
Unknown command: 'diff'