Re: CYGWIN

On 05/06/2011 09:27 AM, rdickert@cinci.rr.com wrote:
> Technical assistance required - TIA
>
> I'm presently a software packager taking applications from XP and porting them/repackaging them
> to W7 - 64-bit.  The current version on site is  1.5.12 and I believe the latest is 1.7.9-1.

Cygwin is a 32-bit dll.  So all cygwin apps are necessarily 32-bit apps.

And that isn't going to change without a LOT of porting effort.  Patches
welcome.  But in the meantime, you'll save yourself a LOT of effort by
using pre-built 32-bit cygwin binaries on 64-bit W7, rather than trying
to rebuild everything from scratch, and instead you should focus your
efforts on helping improve cygwin1.dll to be useful as a 64-bit dll.