Emacs backgrounds itself

Hi all,

Strange one here... I just updated emacs and a bunch of other packages, and for some reason 'emacs -nw' now backgrounds itself immediately after starting, and again each time I try to foreground it afterward. If I run emacs-X11 directly (again, in -nw mode) it segfaults during startup, but I haven't been able to catch it in the act using gcc (it seems to load properly under gcc but keyboard handling is worthless). Cygcheck output is attached.

I've tried running a home-built emacs-23.3.1 and it behaves the same way; running the same home-built binary against an older install I happened to have laying around works normally, so some library update must be the culprit. To help narrow things down a bit, a diff of old vs. new cygcheck outputs is also attached.

Any ideas?
Ryan