Re: rebasing freshly built executables?

On 26 April 2011 23:03, Reini Urban <rurban@x-ray.at> wrote:
> 2011/4/26 Dima Pasechnik:
>> while building Maxima on Windows 7 / Cygwin 1.7.9, with ECL (an
>> implementation of Common Lisp), we see the following puzzling error
>> messages, quite reminiscent of the usual cygwin installation in need
>> of rebaseall: [...]

> 3) it should be fixed in ecl, best by adding
> -Wl,--enable-auto-image-base to the LDFLAGS of
> the interim dll. Which is in compile.lsp at the first glance.

I tried this (i.e. adding these LDFLAGS when configuring Maxima --- as
well as when configuring ECL, although the latter is probably
irrelevant),
to no avail.

In seems that ECL's Lisp compiler plays fast and loose with DLLs,
so it would be good to understand how to disable these...

I submitted this problem as an ECL bug.

Dmitrii