Re: Re: Spurious warnings about MS-DOS paths

On 2:59 PM, Eric Blake wrote:
On 04/13/2011 09:10 PM, Ryan Johnson wrote:
Hi all,

A recent cygwin update has started spewing warnings such as the
following when I do tab completion on a path containing spaces:
$ cd ~/Home/Documents/Pcygwin warning:
   MS-DOS style path detected: ~/Home/Documents/PC\ reviews\ 2011
   Preferred POSIX equivalent is: ~/Home/Documents/PC/ reviews/ 2011
   CYGWIN environment variable option "nodosfilewarning" turns off this
warning.
   Consult the user's guide for more details about POSIX paths:
     http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using.html#using-pathnames
Would it be possible to make the check exclude common character escapes?
No, but it probably is an upstream bug the bash-completion package worth
reporting and fixing.  Can you use 'set -vx' just before typing the
command that triggers the message, so I can see which command in the
completion function is insufficiently quoting the pathname such that a
glob completion is being inappropriately attempted on escape characters?
I don't have bash-completion(s) installed.

If set -vx would be useful with vanilla bash, I'm happy to try it, though.

Regards,
Ryan