Re: 64bit (g)fortran JNI

On 4/12/2011 8:02 AM, Eliot Moss wrote:
For x64 Windows releated target questions it would be better if you
are posting to mingw-w64's ML: I redirect this thread to this list.

Yes, definitely:

- cygwin is for 32-bit only
- cygwin is not really compatible with even a 32-bit
JVM if you were thinking of using cygwin to run
JNI code. The JNI system in Windows JVMs is built
for Windows, not cygwin. (In principle one could
build a JVM using cygwin, but the most popular
ones are not built that way, and in fact I don't
know of a full-strength JVM (any really) built
for/with cygwin.)

Best -- Eliot Moss

Elliot,

I've been using the cygwin gcc compiler (with the -mno-cygwin option) for years to build JNI dlls (interfacing with C code) that ran fine under 32bit JVMs on windows32.

After migrating to 64bit windows7 last year, I've been using x86_64-w64-mingw32-gcc to do the same, ie. build JNI dlls that run fine under 64bit JVMs on windows64.

However, throwing fortran in the mix is causing the trouble I'm seeking help for.

H.