Re: cyggfortran-3.dll broken ?

On Mar 23 16:27, Dave Korn wrote:
> On 23/03/2011 16:19, marco atzeri wrote:
>
> > May be as they are now available from cygwin-1.7.8 ?
>
>   Yes indeed (and this is why I didn't see any errors during the compiler
> testsuite), I just had a quick look at the libgfortran autoconfigury, it
> provides replacements for those functions when the standard libm doesn't
> contain them.  Now that they are in the cygwin dll, libgfortran doesn't need
> to provide them anymore but this has the unfortunate side-effect of breaking
> old executables, since on Windows an imported function reference in an
> executable has to specify not just the function name but also the particular
> DLL from which the import comes.
>
>   I imagine that on ELF platforms where the executable just has a list of
> undefined functions and a list of shared libs to load and the dynamic linker
> just satisfies an undefined symbol from whichever lib it first comes across a
> definition of it, this probably works without anything needing changing.  But
> we're stuck I'm afraid when exports move around like this.
>
>   Sorry, looks like you'll need to respin after all.

Is there a way to add symbol forwarding in GCC?  There's some method of
forwarding symbol references to other DLLs and it's used in Windows
itself to forward symbol references to other DLLs.  For instance, some
kernel32 APIs are just forwarded to equivalent ntdll APIs).  I'm not
familiar with how to implement it, I just read about it in

Corinna

Red Hat