Re: Rsync and FAT32

On 3/9/2011 10:38 AM, Panos Katergiathis wrote:
Hello all

I am getting all too tired with rsync messing up permissions as i
backup my linux servers to my windows 7 machine.
So, a simple question: if i use a fat32 partition for storing these
backups, can i hope that i will stop seeing various "permission
denied" errors?

Unless someone on this list is seeing the exact same problem you are and has found a solution (which is possible), I expect no one else will be able to provide an answer to your question. It might be better to submit a problem report to the list following the guidelines of the link below.

Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html

If you do this, it will enable others who haven't experienced the problem you're seeing to reproduce it, understand it, and fix it or provide some insight for existing solutions or workarounds. Just a thought.

--
Larry