Re: Doubtful about unison

On Mar  4 08:08, Olivier Lefevre wrote:
> I think the english message should have been "The procedure
> entry point __ctype_ptr__ could not be located in the dynamic
> link library cygwin1.dll"; I mistranslated "procedure" as
> "program". So this just means that the procedure __ctype_ptr__
> cannot be found in the DLL, correct?
>
> And is it a recent addition? I googled it but could not find
> any indication of when it was introduced.

__ctype_ptr__ has been introduced into newlib July 2008.  It's available
ever since.  It has been introduced into Cygwin with all developer
snapshots later than that, and officially with the first 1.7.0 test
release.  It was never introduced into Cygwin 1.5, though, given that
the last version, 1.5.25-15 was release in June 2008.

So, if you got this error message, it means you were running an
application built for 1.7 under a 1.5 Cygwin DLL.

Corinna

Red Hat