Re: Please test latest developer snapshot

On Feb 24 09:56, Chris Sutcliffe wrote:
> On 17 February 2011 07:04, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > Apart from your testing and our fixing of obvious bugs, the other item
> > holding up the release of Cygwin 1.7.8 is the imminent release of
> > Service Pack 1 for Windows 7. ÂIt seems unwise to release a new Cygwin
> > package just minutes before a Service Pack comes out. ÂGiven the latest
> > experience that even monthly fixes can come with a nice, hidden gift, I
> > rather wait for a couple of days and test with SP1 first.
>
> Just a heads up, I've been testing the latest snapshot on Win7SP1 x64
> and have not encountered any issues as of yet in my day-to-day use.

Thank you!  I'm running SP1 32 and 64 bit for a couple of days now, too.
But we all have different usage profiles so I appreciate to get this
kind of feedback.

If there's nothing else missing, I'm planning to release 1.7.8 on the
weekend or early next week.

Corinna

Red Hat