Re: Mg3a - a version of Mg2a developed on Cygwin

> On Feb 24 12:19, Bengt Larsson wrote:
>> Bengt Larsson wrote:
>>> I don't use surrogates. I only use UTF-8 and UTF-32. But using cygwin's
>>> wcwidth may be worth thinking about. I suppose it will be consistent
>>> with mintty that way; otherwise not?
>>
>> And: is wcwidth always available in modern Unices? How do you find out
>> these things? I mean practically available.
>
> wcwidth and wcswidth are XSI extensions, so they are optional.  As for
> finding out, that's usally nicely done by autoconf'ing your project.

And if you don't mind [L]GPL licensing, gnulib provides a source code
replacement that guarantees wide character support on all modern porting
platforms (particularly useful for mingw, which is sorely lacking on
this front); and is currently working on introducing a wwchar_t type
that is guaranteed to be UTF-32 even on cygwin (this is how coreutils
gets wide character support for things like wc).  Portions of that
gnulib code are incorporated into libunistring.  But from the sounds of
your program's license, I'm not sure you can take advantage of gnulib or
libunistring.