Re: Spurious "Connection reset by peer" problems anybody?

On Feb 21 10:26, Ken Brown wrote:
As far as this problem goes, it would only occur at the end of a
connection, when close() is called on the socket on the Windows side.
The error message would occur on the peer side, independent of the OS
it's running on.  If the connection just breaks at some arbitary point,
it's almost surely not the problem I'm talking about.

In my case the connection does break at some point in the middle, not at the end, so it sounds like I have a different problem.

Given that this is a bzr+ssh scenario, there's a good chance that your problem is fixed by the patch cgf applied tonight. Would you mind to test this with the latest snapshot?

The problem is not fixed, but I think it's happening less often. (I can't be sure, since the problem is sporadic.) Here's what I did:

1. I installed the snapshot and updated my mirror of the bzr repository. It failed once but then worked the second time.

2. I tried (once) to create a new mirror from scratch, and it failed.

3. I rebuilt cygwin1.dll with your latest changes (2011-02-21 17:01:06) and tried again to create a new mirror from scratch. Again it failed once but worked the second time. This is remarkable, because a huge amount of data got transferred. So I'm inclined to think there's been an improvement. But I might have just gotten lucky.

Ken