Re: [g++] Problems linking boost.system and boost.regex

Greg Chicares-2 wrote:

> Last I heard, boost lost its Cygwin maintainer; and old libraries aren't
> likely to work with a newer compiler. This page
>   http://cygwin.com/packages/boost-devel/boost-devel-1.43.0-1
> confirms that:
>   "boost-devel: Obsolete package (installed binaries and support files)"
> so try building boost yourself.

According to http://cygwin.com/packages/, the package "boost-devel" is
obsolete - but I'm using "libboost-devel" which is not.

But I will try building boost myself. Only the last time I had some problems
with it (when I ran "bjam --toolset=gcc" I got plenty of "access denied"
messages - I don't know access to what they meant). I will try again and
bother you with more details later ;)