Re: building a cross-compiler for Linux/OSX

On Thu, 2011-02-10 at 10:26 +0100, Peter John Acklam wrote:
> Fabiano Sidler [fabianosidler@swissonline.ch]:
>
> > Hello? Noone building cross-compilers for cygwin?
>
> I tried several times building a cross-compiler for sparc Solaris. I tried
> using the headers for Solaris 8, 9, and 10, but I never succeeded. I was
> able to build binutils, though, but not gcc. I have never tried Linux/OSX.

IIUC the OP is trying to build a linux-to-cygwin cross-compiler.  It
sounds like you're trying to build a cygwin-to-solaris cross-compiler,
and there is such a toolchain available in Ports:

http://cygwin-ports.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=cygwin-ports/solaris10-sparc-binutils
http://cygwin-ports.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=cygwin-ports/solaris10-sparc-gcc
http://cygwin-ports.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=cygwin-ports/solaris10-x86-binutils
http://cygwin-ports.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=cygwin-ports/solaris10-x86-gcc

The GCC .cygport files explain how to get the necessary libc/libm
headers and libraries off of a Solaris system and where to place them on
the Cygwin system.

Yaakov
Cygwin Ports