Re: TP_NUM_C_BUFS too small

On Feb  8 13:14, marco atzeri wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 12:59 PM, Corinna Vinschen  wrote:
> > On Feb Â7 22:38, marco atzeri wrote:
> >> Suggestion for debugging ?
> >
> > Build the Cygwin DLL for debugging (just -g, no -O2), build octave for
> > debugging, and try to find the problem.
> >
> > What I can see from the stack dump is that it happens when trying to
> > open a file. ÂIf you find the Cygwin call (probably, but not necessarily
> > open()) from octave in which the problem is encountered, you can narrow
> > down the problem to somewhere between this call and the previous
> > file-related call since all of these calls access the TLS buffers. ÂFrom
> > there it's detective work. ÂMaybe a watchpoint on the aforementioned
> > counter helps (class tls_pathbuf, member c_cnt).
> >
> > This is pretty tricky to find, I fear.
>
> Time to learn serious gdb debugging.

There's some chance that this is a Cygwin bug.  If you can narrow down
the problem to a specific code snippet in octave, you may be able to
extract a very simple testcase in plain C which allows to reproduce the
problem without the zillions of octave/fltk code lines.  That would be
most helpful in case it is a Cygwin problem.

Corinna

Red Hat