Re: Library missing, but do not know which one :-(

On 2/3/2011 11:35 AM, Muzzy wrote:

Hello,

when I start bc command in cygwin following error occurs:
/usr/bin/bc.exe: error while loading shared libraries: ?: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory

What can I do in this case ? I installed only bash, bc and xterm packages.

'cygcheck bc' should tell you which DLL is missing. Looking at the list, there's not allot that's Cygwin there:

  C:\bin\cygreadline6.dll
    C:\bin\cygncurses-9.dll
      C:\bin\cyggcc_s-1.dll

And of course cygwin1.dll.  Aircrack has installed one of those but it looks
like it's sufficiently separated.  If you can't find any other culprit, you
can try removing this though.

Looks to me, though, like you're missing the libncurses9 package.  I'd try
that.

--
Larry