RE: Tcl file separator

From: Christopher Faylor
> Tcl is currently one part of the Cygwin installation that is pretty
> much pure windows.  It is that way for the sole purpose of working
> with the insight debugger.  So it takes windows paths and is not a
> real Cygwin application.
>
> I'm working on this very very slowly but I don't have an ETA for when
> this will be fixed.

I'm glad it's getting some attention. Thank you!
IMHO, more important than making it Linux-like is making it self-
consistent, even if it makes it more Windows-like. For example "pwd"
outputs forward slashes while "file separator" outputs backslashes.
Regardless, I trust you (CGF) to make the right choices.

BTW, I use my own version of tclsh, which uses readline for the
command prompt. I would think a lot of tclsh users would appreciate
that being part of the standard release. It's probably an upstream
issue, however.

--Ken Nellis