Re: failing to clone a git repo via ssh

On 01/23/2011 01:37 PM, Steven Hartland wrote:
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Jeremy Bopp" <jeremy@bopp.net>
>> All of these combinations avoided the early EOFs problem no matter how
>> many times I repeated my testing.  As cgf said, this does appear to be a
>> problem in Cygwin's pipe code, but it's very strange that it only seems
>> to be triggered with Cygwin's git + Cygwin's ssh.  My guess is that
>> there is some kind of race condition in the pipe setup code when both
>> ends of the pipe are Cygwin processes, but I'm admittedly unfamiliar
>> with Cygwin's pipe code.
>
> Possibly the same issue which still plagues rsync under cygwin?

I've thought the same thing myself, but I don't have any test cases for
that and haven't experienced the problem directly.  As I recall, the
rsync case manifests as a hang which seems a bit different than this
case of unexpected EOFs.  It's possible that it could be rsync's
reaction to the unexpected EOF could mask it as a hang, I suppose.

-Jeremy