Re: Invoking GUI programs over SSH

On Sat, Jan 22, 2011 at 00:37, Thorsten Kampe wrote:
> * David Antliff (Fri, 21 Jan 2011 08:47:02 +1300)
>> Yes, that would work, but it's not quite that simple - git clones
>> files in CRLF format, with the autocrlf option set.
>
> I don't see the connection to git. Shell scripts should have LF endings.
> Trying to find a workaround for that will just require you to create
> more and more workarounds and custom scripts which eventually will
> break.

I suppose it's a bug with git then, since it produces CRLF files on
check-out (even if they were checked in as LF), and as this is an
automated system I'd need to either set igncr or run dos2unix or
equivalent on each script after check-out (which incidentally will
require a script, so I'd probably have to use a language that doesn't
care, like Python or Perl, rather than Bash). Either way it's a
work-around, unfortunately.

But it's OK, I can implement one of these workarounds, at least until
git's behaviour changes. Setting up and maintaining Hudson + git +
Cygwin on Windows turns out to be a giant collection of workarounds
anyway, so what's one more :)

Thanks for the advice,

-- David.