Re: Invoking GUI programs over SSH

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 13:06, David Antliff wrote:
> I haven't tried Cyrille's suggestion yet (but will)

Ok, an update - I've managed to solve this problem - the vendor
informed me (indirectly) that the error I was seeing was due to the
access of files in c:\lsc_env - turns out I hadn't ensured that the
LSC_INI_PATH environment variable was set properly in the 'ssh'
instance.

So it turned out to be something fairly simple in the end - but thank
you everyone for your advice.

Cyrille - I tried your script but it didn't seem to do anything. I had
a look over the source and I wasn't really able to work out what it
was doing. However it did give me the idea to copy/paste my entire
'env' from the working to non-working shell and then slowly eliminate
variables until I found the one I needed, so it was very helpful in an
indirect way - thank you.

Regards,

-- David.