to generate disassemble blink code

dear users,
I'm an italian student. I'm working on my thesis, and I have to use cygwin
for some reasons...
My thesis work consists in fault injections in the Liteos application codes.
so, my problem is:
I have the application's code (the application's name is Blink), saved in a
text file, under .c extension.
first step:
I have to compile this code to generate an executable file (with .exe
extension, or .elf extension in Linux environment).
second step:
with this executable file, I must generate the disassembleted code with the
avr-objdump utility.
in the second step, I don't have any trouble, because, I just write the
following istruction in the cygwin shell:
avr-objdump -zhD blink.elf > blink.od
so, the disassembleted code has been saved in the text file with .od
extension.
but the first step, it's a problem for me, because, cygwin doesn't compile
the code!
I post you the blink code in the next lines:

#include "leds.h"
#include "thread.h"
#include "adc.h"
#include "radio.h"
#include "serial.h"
#include "file.h"
#include "system.h"

int main()
{
 uint8_t index;
 __asm__ __volatile__("sei" ::);

   //for (index = 0;index <100;index++)
   while(1)
   	{
	   greenToggle();
	   sleepThread(1000);
    }
   return 0;
}
 I launch this istruction, to compile this code:
avr-gcc -o executablefile.elf(or.exe) blink.c
and the terminal return me
this application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual
way.please contact the application-s support team for more information.
could you give me any suggestions to resolve this problem?
hel me please...
thanks in advance, and please sorry, for my not perfect english.
lellone