Re: du -ks output different when run from command and when run on scheduled task

On 12/8/2010 9:34 AM, computer tech wrote:
On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 3:21 PM, Larry Hall (Cygwin)
<reply-to-list-only-lh...>  wrote:
   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
<http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PCYMTNQREAIYR> - Thanks.

<snip>

Hi Larry, Thank you for your response. I read the link and a few of
those items are a little over my head. If I try authenticating my self
to the network in the following manner in the bash script

net use '\\server\share' /user:DOMAIN\my_user my_users_password

then use the share on the script like so
  du -ks \\server\share

Will that traverse that share with the credentials used in the net use
command?

That's one possible workaround. Cygwin prefers POSIX paths though so I'd recommend forward slashes for the 'du' command.

--
Larry