Re: scp just spews usage

On 11/27/2010 1:56 PM, Ken Jackson wrote:
On 11/27/2010 09:28 AM, Brian Wilson wrote:
I had a similar issue. It seems that some updates do not complete
successfully under the circumstances you describe. I suspect there is an
issue with shells failing to run successfully as I often have to try
several times before I can get Cygwin to open a bash shell successfully.
Others require a reboot (and you need to watch the messages for this
information).

I find that I get best results if I first run the windows command (from either CMD or bash):

net stop sshd

and then exit all bash shells and cygwin apps, and then run Cywin setup.exe.
I then restart with:

net start sshd

If you are running other services, like cron, you would have to stop them
similarly.

Absolutely. You either must do this or reboot at the end of the installation. Either works.

Holliston, MA 01746