Re: 1.7.x: m4 does not show any reaction

On 11/24/2010 01:18 PM, Marcus Osdoba wrote:
> Sorry for the confusion last time. The output I sent was from another
> system (Windows 7). The problem I discribed occured on a Win XP
> installation. I upgraded from pre-1.7 to cygwin 1.7.x.
> I verfied the proper installation of libcygseg

There's no such thing as libcygseg.  There's libsigsegv (which has an
included cygsigsegv-2.dll).

> - and it is in fact
> installed. Nevertheless, m4 does not produce any output when I run
> m4.exe --version:
>
> me@host ~
> $ /usr/bin/m4.exe --version

What's the exit status here?  I still think you might be suffering from
a missing dependency dll.  Does running m4.exe under a cmd window give
you a popup box about a missing entry point?