Re: Strange System Variable set

On 11/24/2010 09:09 AM, rudolf.bendl@extern.sdv-it.de wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> for whatever reason I have strange entries in my system variables  like:
>
> sh-3.2$ set
> !::='::\'
> !C:='C:\Users\a00bend'

Yep - POSIX requires that the shell preserve any inherited environment
variables that cannot form valid shell variables.  They come from
Windows, and you can generally ignore them.

> I cannot get rid of these using "unset !C:" Is there a way to delete
> system variables?

Why do you need them deleted?  If you really do have a use case where
they negatively affect a child process, then you can use env -u to unset
them for the child process.  There's no way to unset them in the bash
process, but there's also no way for the bash process to misbehave
because they are present.