Re: Hyperthreading problem creates a hang

On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 03:55:50PM +0530, paritosh chandragupta wrote:
>Hi folks ,
>
>I am hitting the following problem while using gmake :-
>
>617 [exiting thread] gmake 9576 cygthread::stub: erroneous thread
>activation , name is NULL .
>
>Now I am indeed using an old cygwin version and can not update it due to
>dependency issues . Do you have a workaround for this problem ?
>
>As per my understanding this problem will not be seen if we limit the
>maximum number of threads for a process on cygwin (this will of course
>make it slower , but that is fine ) . Am I Correct ?
>
>If yes , how can we do it for cygwin ?

So,

1) You're using a version of make that wasn't distributed with Cygwin (there
is no "gmake" in the distribution).

and

2) You're using an old version of Cygwin.

Given that, I'd say the odds are slim to none that you'll be able to
find a fix for this problem.  Time to upgrade.