Re: Cygwin paths in mingw64

--- Ven 5/11/10, LionAM  ha scritto:

> Hello,
> sorry if I was not clear enough.
>
> > I'm afraid this discussion won't get anywhere without
> proper details
> > of what you did and what went wrong, including the
> error messages.
> > Also, do keep in mind that people here are unlikely to
> be familiar
> > with Atlas (http://math-atlas.sourceforge.net?). I certainly know
> > nothing about it, and you got me quite confused by
> jumping between
> > requirements regarding the build system and the actual
> program.
>
> Indeed I was talking about about the optimized BLAS library
> from sourceforge
> you had in mind, which I wanted to compile. But the problem
> is not specific
> to Atlas, but to the combination Cygwin/MinGW.
>
> The problem is that at least some helper programs (which
> have commands
> "hardcoded" inside) as well as the configure script (which
> passes file names
> as argument to programs) use cygwin-paths (e.g.
> "/home/am/atlas/somefile")
> which cannot be found. With commands, I simply meant the
> C-call
>
> system(...);
>
> If a program should be started (e.g. "./program.exe", where
> the dot says to
> search it within the current directory), a MinGW compiled
> program returns
> the error message that the command "." cannot be found
> (which is the same as
> for the windows cmd.exe).
>
> Alex

Alex,
my 2 cents:
if you are interested in the 64bit performance of Atlas
you should work with a 64bit version of linux.

As the original developer don't use windows as platform,
and Atlas is not only system dependent but also CPU core
dependent, you have little hope to build a 64bit windows
version using cygwin as platform.

It took me lot of time to release a atlas source
package for cygwin
http://matzeri.altervista.org/cygwin-1.7/atlas/

and Atlas is so deep unix related, that is better to use
linux as platform, specially on number crunching.

Regards
Marco