Re: SSH - Can't Login (3rd Post)

> On 10/28/2010 8:39 AM, Brian Wilson wrote:
> > $ ssh wilson@ncc-1701
> > usage: ssh [-1246AaCfgKkMNnqsTtVvXxYy] [-b bind_address] [-c cipher_spec]
> >            [-D [bind_address:]port] [-e escape_char] [-F configfile]
> >            [-I pkcs11] [-i identity_file]
> >            [-L [bind_address:]port:host:hostport]
> >            [-l login_name] [-m mac_spec] [-O ctl_cmd] [-o option] [-p
port]
> >            [-R [bind_address:]port:host:hostport] [-S ctl_path]
> >            [-W host:port] [-w local_tun[:remote_tun]]
> >            [user@]hostname [command]
> >
> > Brian S. Wilson@ncc-1701 ~
> > $ echo $?
> > 255
>
> If that is a direct return of a Win32 error then:
>
>    $ net helpmsg 255
>
>    The extended attributes are inconsistent.
>
> You may have better luck getting to the bottom of this
> by running the server with debug turned on and running the client
> with verbose flags turned completely on.  If you find something
> when doing that which you want to follow-up on the list,
> please send exactly what you did, what you saw, and your
> cygcheck output (-srv) to the list (see http://cygwin.com/problems.html
> for details).  If you really are getting "stuck" when parsing the
> input, then you might find that comparing the output of the "old"
> and "new" ssh output when running under strace shows you something.

The ssh command and its response are just a cut and paste of the bash screen.
Trying to execute ssh -v ncc-1701 gives exactly the same results (note there
is no -v option in the displayed list).

I've attached a new cygcheck output (-svr) as you suggested.  One thing I
noted was that the uname -a output says I have Cygwin 1.7.1 and this confuses
me.  I've updated on a regular basis and reboot whenever the installation
requests me to do so.  I should have the 1.7.7-1 release.  The cygcheck seems
to have differing 1.7* information.  Is there some magic translation I need to
know of to get the correct release number?