Re: SSH - Can't Login (3rd Post)

On 10/26/2010 1:53 PM, Charles Smith wrote:
> I'm apparently having the same problem you are - when I run the ssh client, it gives me the usage output.  I discovered that if I go back to the previous version (5.5p1.2?), it works.  Every time I update with setup.exe, I have to go back and reset openssh to 5.5.  I figured I must be doing something really stupid, until a colleague complained to me that ssh didn't work - when I told him about the 5.5 version, that solved his problem.
>
> This has been going on for months now.  I do an internet search occasionally, but nothing comes up.  I'm actually quite puzzled.

Have you tried to confirm that you don't have an alias, shell function,
or script named ssh that is masking the real ssh binary?  Something like
that could be calling the real ssh with some arguments that are invalid
under the latest version.  What do you get when you run the following:

type -a ssh

Have you tried installing a fresh copy of Cygwin to a new directory to
see if the problem recurs in that instance?  If the problem happens in
one but not the other when they should be otherwise identical, a diff
over the directories might track down the problem.  If the problem
happens in both places, maybe you have some other software installed on
your system that is somehow interfering.

-Jeremy