Re: Build Graphviz

On 10/12/2010 4:58 AM, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-10-12 at 11:21 +0800, Steven Woody wrote:
>> Thanks Jeremy.  I like to try the patches.  But I get the source from
>> svn rather than the git as Yaakov suggested.  Actually, I am not so
>> well understand the page
>> "http://cygwin-ports.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=cygwin-ports/ports;a=tree;f=graphics/graphviz";,
>>  How should I get files from there? If I click on the file, I will be
>> just bring into another web page with file source shown with line
>> numbers.
>
> There is a "snapshot" link on each page which will give you a tarball
> consisting of the files in that directory.
>
>> Another question is, what patches I should apply?  Only the 2.26.* or
>> the all other 2.*.* patches?
>
> Leave that to cygport.

I think the problem here is that the port is configured to depend on a
number of other packages so that it will be able to build various
language bindings.  Steven doesn't seem to need those bindings right now.

I'm having trouble finding an easy way to use the port to build just
graphviz itself without editing the .cygport file.  Is there a way to do
this?

-Jeremy